Welcome


Welcome Friends,
If you are viewing this page, you are on my blog that I plan to use to document my journey here in Europe, more specifically London. I borrow my blog title from Christian author, Rick Warren’s book, The Purpose Driven Life. In this book,Warren provides insights on how to seek your own purpose, authorized by God, by examining your life over 40 days. I go on to say all this to point to the fact that I do indeed believe that this entire journey, as well as what I have gone through in life thus far, is in fact part of the plan that God has for my life. I cannot easily say what my purpose in life is yet, but I do feel that I am called to do great things. To say the least, I hope you all enjoy reading as I continue to post. Feel free to comment and let me know you are thinking of me, as I am surely thinking of you. Keep myself and my cohort in your prayers; we greatly appreciate it.

Saturday, 18 February 2012

Recap of the past week or so... Sorry, I couldn't think of anything more catchy.

           I haven’t blogged in a few days, OK more than a few days, but I haven’t been being idle.  School hasn’t really had me busy, but I have had the chance to get out and enjoy more of this city. A few things I have done over the past week include going to the Portobello Road market, planned a trip to Paris, and I went to a Shakespearean Play—A Midsummer Night’s Dream. 
Portobello road was nice.  It was like a vintage street sale with all these old items and flea market type things.  I wanted to buy so much, but settled on a jerk chicken sandwich and a hand painted poster of London.  Both were good. I could have bought at least fifty things for my late grandfather.  There were old tap shoes, Mohammed Ali memorabilia, a pair of old school boxing gloves and shoes, and Billy Holiday this and that. All of these are items I know he would have loved. Among these were some true antiques, stamp collections, street art, handmade jewelry and too many other things.  But, as you can expect, a lot of that stuff was a rip off.
We will be in Paris from March 2-5—that’s all about that for now.
The play, A Midsummer Night’s Dream is one I have seen and read a bunch of times, but this production was very unique. In fact, it was complete with stand-up comedy, splattered paint, audience participation, musical numbers, and a food fight; all things that are not usually a part of the original, more traditional productions.  But it was great. It was held at the Lyric Theatre, right off the Hammersmith tube stop. This area of town is quite nice and I look forward to going back.
We also threw a house party / potluck dinner last night. Our guests were our friends from Germany, Norway, and Sweden. Everyone was asked to bring a native dish, and although it didn’t exactly happen this way, what was brought to eat was good.  Especially these smoked salmon wraps. The party was great and was followed by a night out to a club named “Propaganda.” That was good, too. The whole night was great.
And so is my last week or so. I now have a list of some things I want to do in the weeks to come, which means more posts for you.  Thanks for reading people.  Until next time,  Cheers.

2 comments:

  1. you shd have got Grandpa a couple of things just because (not the tap shoes though..lol). & ur greedy butt would buy food...was the sandwich any good? i'm sure you'll try to make the salmon wraps for Grandma & ur mom upon ur return...chef Dorian. can't wait to hear about Paris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dorian,

    this is a test from Auntie Deborah.

    ReplyDelete