Welcome


Welcome Friends,
If you are viewing this page, you are on my blog that I plan to use to document my journey here in Europe, more specifically London. I borrow my blog title from Christian author, Rick Warren’s book, The Purpose Driven Life. In this book,Warren provides insights on how to seek your own purpose, authorized by God, by examining your life over 40 days. I go on to say all this to point to the fact that I do indeed believe that this entire journey, as well as what I have gone through in life thus far, is in fact part of the plan that God has for my life. I cannot easily say what my purpose in life is yet, but I do feel that I am called to do great things. To say the least, I hope you all enjoy reading as I continue to post. Feel free to comment and let me know you are thinking of me, as I am surely thinking of you. Keep myself and my cohort in your prayers; we greatly appreciate it.

Saturday, 24 March 2012

Theatre In Lndon

I am not one hundred percent sure how many theatres there are in London, but I have heard 120 and 140. Either way, theatre is a large part of the London culture and the number of them is upwards of 100.  It was something I was highly recommended to take part in while I was here, and now I understand why.  Thanks to suggestions from professors back home, and my class “Theatre in London,” which requires that we see a play each week, I have been to quite a few plays.  And with the semester only half way through, I will be attending more for both person enjoyment and for my course’s requirement. I, too recommend that anyone who visits London go to as many shows as they can.  I have enjoyed them all for different reasons, but A Long Day's Journey into Night was depressiong, though very well acted.   
The plays that I have already seen include:


A modern version of Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream

Eugene O’Neil’s Long Day's Journey Into Night


 An Arabian themed version of Frederico Garcia Lorca’s
The House of Bernarda Alba

Not for my class, but with other international students, the new West End musical, Jersey Boys

Oliver Goldsmith’s She Stoops to Conquer
In honor of my grandfather, Singing in the Rain
Next week I am seeing:
Shakespeare’s King Lear and
Patrick Marber’s After Miss Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment