Welcome


Welcome Friends,
If you are viewing this page, you are on my blog that I plan to use to document my journey here in Europe, more specifically London. I borrow my blog title from Christian author, Rick Warren’s book, The Purpose Driven Life. In this book,Warren provides insights on how to seek your own purpose, authorized by God, by examining your life over 40 days. I go on to say all this to point to the fact that I do indeed believe that this entire journey, as well as what I have gone through in life thus far, is in fact part of the plan that God has for my life. I cannot easily say what my purpose in life is yet, but I do feel that I am called to do great things. To say the least, I hope you all enjoy reading as I continue to post. Feel free to comment and let me know you are thinking of me, as I am surely thinking of you. Keep myself and my cohort in your prayers; we greatly appreciate it.

Friday, 20 April 2012

Berlin, Germany


Berlin was our second stop and is where I got the most history.  Everything you have learned about the Holocaust and then some comes to life when you get a tour of this city.  Not to mention there are still concentration camps that one can visit.  I did not have time because it takes a whole day, but if I return, it’s at the top of my list. Ironically, they are very open about their past, more specifically about their involvement with the holocaust. The way the actual city looks is not at all what I expected.  To say the least Berlin is very urbanized like most major cities. It does not have the aesthetic appeal you would expect of such an old city.  I guess I expect everything to have some type of old feel to it like all the other cities we have visited.  Below you will find pictures with captions about their relevance.

Hotel Adlon: Most famous for being the place where Michael Jackson hung blanket out the window. 1,500 Euros / week





Berlin Wall: The small section that still remains.





The Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe: it cost 27 million to build and consists of 2,711 stellae. Beneath it, underground, is the Holocaust Museum. 




Holocaust Museum inside:


No comments:

Post a Comment