Welcome


Welcome Friends,
If you are viewing this page, you are on my blog that I plan to use to document my journey here in Europe, more specifically London. I borrow my blog title from Christian author, Rick Warren’s book, The Purpose Driven Life. In this book,Warren provides insights on how to seek your own purpose, authorized by God, by examining your life over 40 days. I go on to say all this to point to the fact that I do indeed believe that this entire journey, as well as what I have gone through in life thus far, is in fact part of the plan that God has for my life. I cannot easily say what my purpose in life is yet, but I do feel that I am called to do great things. To say the least, I hope you all enjoy reading as I continue to post. Feel free to comment and let me know you are thinking of me, as I am surely thinking of you. Keep myself and my cohort in your prayers; we greatly appreciate it.

Saturday, 21 April 2012

Rome, Italy


Rome was the most moving of all the places to me.  This was the place where I really had to say, “Am I really here.”  There is nothing like being feet away from the Colosseum, that is, until you are inside of it. Rome itself is not really beautiful, but its sites sure are. That includes the Trevi Fountain.  Of course, we made it to Vatican City, which again was quite moving. St. Peters Basilica is beautiful, and next was the Sistine Chapel.  I cannot put into words how I felt here.  I was literally trying to block out the crowd and marvel at what a wonder I was looking at. Once again, it was one of those beyond surreal moments.  They have rules for visitors of the Sistine Chapel to be quite and not to take pictures. We get in there, the room is about as loud as a high school auditorium and people are flashing away with their cameras. Every now and again the guards would “shhh” the crowd, but the quiet only lasted seconds.   I did my best to observe the rules—I didn’t talk much and on top of that I only took one picture. The method to my madness here is that I didn’t want my picture taking to take away from what I was there to experience.  For me, it was more about making a moment, than capturing a moment.   

All of us inside the Roman Colosseum:

Colosseum by Night: 
     

Trevi Fountain:

Trevi Fountain by Night:

Vatican City:


St. Peters Basilica:

The ceiling of one of the last cooridors leading to the Sistine Chapel.  It was truly a maze getting to the actual thing.


The one blury photo I took while in the Sistine Chapel.  However, it is of the most famous parts of the entire piece. And for some reason it wont upload the wide way, but this is God and Adam on one of the ceiling panels.

Pantheon:

2 comments:

  1. I logged on yesterday & saw all the wonderful & interesting updates but I was too exhausted to comment. Thanks for keeping us posted!!!

    ReplyDelete